Lady Elliot Island, Australia 5/15/02

Lady Elliot Island, Australia 5/15/02

Cross the Great Barrier Reef off of the list of things I have to see before I die. I have now seen it. Of course much like my experience to the Grand Canyon, I want to do more and vow to return to it once again. Also similar to the Canyon, the Reef is HUGE. Lady Elliot is only one of the smallest points to see and not even the main part of the Reef. I need to do more!

Today has been amazing. The Reef that surrounds the island was spectacular and my visual senses were overloaded. As I snorkeled around, either from the beach or off the boat, everywhere you turned there was something else to make you think, “WOW!”

I probably sound like an 8 year old at show & tell but I saw tons of fish, a giant turtle, a dozen huge manta rays, and more shapes of coral then the sky has stars. I’m afraid this place has ruined me from ever again being impressed by the Florida Keys, my main snorkeling spot near my home.

Like everything else, my only wish is that I had more time to do more. Oh and getting my dive certification has now become a priority!

MJF

No comments: